Friday, February 11, 2005

It's been a while.........

Well it has been a while since I blogged last. It seems that my computer desk had been invaded by the someone. I have since move The Girl elsewhere and should be able to get to this more often.

Lots have happened in the last few weeks, we have had nice spring like weather and than back to snow and cold. But it is New Hampshire so we should be use to it. I have to say that the small spring break we had has made me wish for the warmer weather really badly. I can't seem to stay focused on much lately, day dreaming about getting outside to breath the new spring air. But spring does have it's challenges around this house.....

During that few nice days of 45 degrees, everything around here melted and started to thaw out. Our back yard was nothing by thick black mud!!! We have to park four cars out there and of course one of them got stuck!!! It was my future daughter-in-law, we will call her "The Girl" since I do call my son "The Boy". I could hear her spinning out side, she came in and said "I'm stuck" we told her to leave it and in the morning when things got chilly again we would better be able to get it out. The Girl decided to give it one more try. The front wheels got buried. Tail between her legs, she came in and in the morning, we were able to pull it out with the truck.
Now we have large track marks in the yard. I have decided to do away with the yard and put in clay pak. It will solve two problems: 1. getting stuck in this weather and 2. not having to mow the lawn. This seems to be our summer problem!!!
Any way the weather has gotten colder and the back lawn still seems to mushy to park on. We are all lined up in the driveway, we have move cars when we need to leave. Boy I want spring in the worst way!!! At least we can walk in the spring.
Tomorrow is the Snow and Ice Festival in our nice town. The Boy(a culinary school grad) was asked to do an ice carving. He has done a few when he was in school. I think he may be stressing a bit on this. After all it is ice and can break easily. We will keep our fingers crossed that nothing happens. It is a competition and there are about 8 people in all, some very skilled in this field. The carvings get very detailed and it is very amazing to see what someone can do with a hugh 300 pound block of ice. There is also going to be a snow sculpture contest as well. Lots of other stuff going on too. It should be a good time. The weather is suppose to be nice, not to cold and not to warm. What more can you ask for, other than keeping your fingers crossed the carving comes out ok!! I think he is doing a sail boat. He must have thoughts of spring as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

test

Anonymous said...

test