Monday, February 21, 2005

The Exciting Lunch

A funny thing happen to me a few weeks ago at McDonalds drive thru. I went there at lunch. It was one of the nicer days we had, the weather was warm and I had my window open. I waited my turn in line and when I got up to the microphone, it’s the one near the hugh menu sign. You can’t see anyone; you just speak into the box. Well I got up there and started to order a happy meal (this is usually what I get, I like the toys). When all of a sudden I hear someone whistle, like when a construction worker whistles at a good looking girl walking by. I looked all around and did not see anything, (not that I think I am the one being whistled at, but I had to look). I started to order my happy meal and I hear it again. Not once but twice. Well now I am thinking, what the heck is going on? So I say to the speaker “Are you whistling at me?” The voice (young male) says “What?”, again I hear the whistle, so I say to the boy in the box, “Why are you whistling at me?” and he comes back with “I thought you were whistling at me”, now why would I whistle at a 16 year old boy??? Again the whistle sound, at same time we both say “It wasn’t me”. We both laughed and I ordered my happy meal, as I was getting ready to pull up to the next window, I heard the whistle again and the boy voice saying “it’s not me, really”. I stick my head out the window and look around real quick, that’s when I saw him, two cars back, a male friend that I hadn’t seen in a while. He had been doing the whistling all along and was getting a kick out of the fact that I couldn’t figure it out. When I pulled up to the window of the young McDonald’s boy to pay for my order, I had to laugh and explain it was the guy two cars back. I told McDonald’s boy, I really thought it was coming from you and thought boy what Micky D’s wont do to sell a happy meal! He laughed and said he was thinking it was me and didn’t really know what to do. We both had a good laugh and the happy meal toy was cool too!!

No comments: